Water-Based Foundation for Oily Skin
Most people choose makeup based on recommendations from friends, social media influences, or family members. Skin types are often overlooked while buying makeup. When a wrong choice is made, breakouts and flakiness are the most common outcomes. For oily skin, choosing makeup, especially a foundation, is a tricky affair. It is important to choose a foundation that will bring out a pore-less and flawless look.
If you want to play it safe, go for a water-based foundation. How can you identify it? well, it is in the name! Water-based foundation has water as the main binding agent as opposed to oil or cream. It does not contain silicone as a top ingredient either, but, when it does, the quantity is so small. This foundation is packed with gentle ingredients making it a great option for all skin types, especially oily skin.
Water based foundation is the best suited for oily skin for several reasons, they include;
- It is very light on the skin. This means that it will not clog pores, giving off a natural look.
- Most oily skin types are prone to acne. Choosing makeup that will not further irritate the skin is not easy. In such a case, a water-based foundation is the best option because it is very gentle on the skin.
- Due to its liquid state, the water-based foundation blends in with the skin leaving a fresh look.
- Water-based foundation provides excellent moisturization that is essential for all skin types including oily skin.
- it is generally easier to use as it is not greasy.
Using this foundation is the best way to add moisture to the skin without thinking about oiliness as it doesn’t clump. It evens the skin tone helping diminish wrinkles or fine lines. To get the best coverage and flawless finish, you can use a synthetic flat brush, fingertips, or a broad tapered oval brush, in a circular motion to blend it in.
Some with oily skin have resorted to some tricks in doing makeup that creates the desired results. Applying face powder before the foundation has proved to work for some, as the powder helps soak up excess oil from the skin giving off a matte look. This has helped prevent having a ‘cakey’ makeup. It evens out the complexion while giving a natural and fresh look.
Either way, a compact powder is an absolute must. It helps prevent that embarrassing greasy sheen and provides great coverage. The Moi & Moi Artistic Compact from Artonit is an amazing piece of art that all makeup lovers should own. It is portable with a large mirror making it great for traveling. This long lasting face powder will give you a radiant look all day long.